· Overhunting: Sailors overhunt musk oxen for the food and clothing.
· Global Warming: Melting glaciers and permafrost flood areas and destroys plant species.
· Oil Drilling: Tundra has many natural resources, like oil and nickel. Pollution from mines and rigs ruins the fragile ecosystem.
· Overdevelopment: Many people are moving in to work in the mines and oil industry. Towns and roads are made for the increased population. Many of the animals’ migrations and feeding patterns are interrupted by developments.
· Pollution: Air pollution reduces the ozone layer and exposes tundra to harmful ultraviolet rays, which affects plants and animals life negatively.